Categories
Lifestyle

Tony Moly brings Korean skincare, makeup products to Cebu

Korean urban lifestyle beauty brand Tony Moly opened its first Cebu branch at SM Seaside City in the South Road Properties (SRP) to bring its top skincare and makeup products to Cebuanos.

Comments

Korean urban lifestyle beauty brand Tony Moly opened its first Cebu branch at SM Seaside City in the South Road Properties (SRP) to bring its top skincare and makeup products to Cebuanos.

The Tony Moly Cebu store carries a full range of products, including the very popular snail line that uses the regenerative effects of snail slime to bring out supple skin and remove blemishes, a company official said.

Donna Gonzales, Tony Moly Philippines vice president for retail and operations, said their stores have specialists who are experts in skincare to advise customers on the best products for their skin types.

Flawless skin

“Most Filipinos are into instant effects so they usually just buy our makeup products. Others just ask for a facial wash and toner. We’re slowly trying to teach them there’s more to skincare, especially if you want to have flawless skin like the Koreans,” she added.

Another popular line features a whole gamut of products, from facial wash and toners to serums and creams, with goat’s milk ingredient. According to Gonzales, it not just any goat’s milk but is actually imported from Switzerland.

Tony Molly Cebu Donna Gonzales
EXPANSION PLANS. Donna Gonzales, Tony Moly Philippines vice president for retail and operations, says they plan to open five more Tony Moly stores in the country, specifically Visayas and Mindanao, by 2016.

 

Tony Moly skincare, makeup products

Of Tony Moly’s more than 20 product lines, 70 percent are devoted to skincare while the remaining 30 percent feature makeup products. At the same time, about 50 percent of the brand’s skincare products are for facial care.

Other than snail and goat’s milk, it also has a list of products that uses bamboo for extensive moisturization.

The Tony Moly Cebu branch is the eighth in the Philippines and the first in the Visayas and Mindanao.

KPop culture

Gonzales said the brand was well received by Filipinos because it entered the Philippines when there was a rage for KPop culture, from music to telenovelas, in 2011. The Amado Group of Companies distributes products by Tony Moly and an affiliated brand, Etude House, in the Philippines.

AGC’s plan, added Gonzales, is to open five more Tony Moly stores in the country, specifically Visayas and Mindanao, by 2016.

Tony Moly’s Cebu store is located at the right side on the Upper Ground Floor, across National Bookstore, in the newly-opened SM Seaside City.

Comments

By Marlen Limpag

Marlen is the editor of MyCebu.ph and co-founder of Cebu-based journalism startup InnoPub Media.