Tag: Kevin L. Tan

  • Megaworld income up 36% to P14.4B in 2021

    Megaworld income up 36% to P14.4B in 2021

    Strong real estate sales, office rentals, and hotel revenues led Megaworld’s growth last year Megaworld, the country’s largest developer of integrated urban townships, grew its net income by 36% to P14.4-billion last year from P10.6-billion recorded in 2020, just as the company registered gains in line with the improving business environment. Net income attributable to […]

  • Megaworld leased out 415,000 sqm of office spaces since start of pandemic

    Megaworld leased out 415,000 sqm of office spaces since start of pandemic

    Overturning the anticipated effects of the coronavirus pandemic, Megaworld has reported that it booked around 415,000 square meters of office leases since the start of the pandemic early last year. Around 60% of these lease contracts booked since last year were renewals while the remaining 40% were new leases, mostly from the information technology (IT) […]

  • Megaworld lines up 21 major projects to further boost rental income portfolio

    Megaworld lines up 21 major projects to further boost rental income portfolio

    Company to use planned REIT proceeds to finance these projects in 11 townships Following its filing of registration statement for the planned biggest Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) offering, Andrew Tan-led property giant Megaworld is strengthening its development pipeline in the next five years as it looks on investing the proceeds from the offer to […]

  • Megaworld’s rental income recovers in Q3, up 13% QoQ

    Megaworld’s rental income recovers in Q3, up 13% QoQ

    Company remains optimistic of ‘better days ahead’ as government intensifies efforts to revive the economy Property giant Megaworld’s rental income grew 13% to P3.4-billion during the third quarter from P3-billion in the previous quarter as quarantine restrictions have been eased. The company’s office rental business, under the Megaworld Premier Offices brand, continued its growth momentum […]

  • Megaworld optimistic on quick recovery, rolls out 4-point plan to rise from pandemic

    Megaworld optimistic on quick recovery, rolls out 4-point plan to rise from pandemic

    Property giant Megaworld is optimistic that it can recover quickly from the pandemic next year following reports of coronavirus vaccines to be released before year-end. In his message at the company’s Annual Stockholders’ Meeting via live webcast, Megaworld chairman and CEO Dr. Andrew L. Tan said the company is ready to bounce back as it […]

  • Megaworld’s 1st half 2019 earnings up 18% to P8.9B

    Megaworld’s 1st half 2019 earnings up 18% to P8.9B

    Residential, rental, and hotel businesses register double-digit growth Megaworld, the country’s pioneer in and largest developer of townships, grew its net income by 18% to P8.9-billion in the first half of 2019 from P7.5-billion during the same period last year. Excluding a non-recurring gain of about P189-million in the first six months of 2019, the […]