Heavier traffic is expected along the North Reclamation Area starting today, as some public vehicles on the S. Osmeña Blvd. route will be diverted as concreting work continues.
A former law student claims that Vice Mayor Jonah John Ungab of Ronda town is father of her child. She filed a sexual harassment case against the politician. Pearl, the vice mayor’s wife, is facing charges for attacking lawyer Jiecel Tiu with a baseball bat last week over allegations of infidelity.
Are you thinking of buying a house? How about getting one in Argao?
Primary Homes Inc. makes it possible for you to easily enjoy the charms of Southern Cebu with its resort-inspired community Argao Royal Palms and Tropical Flats. Built alongside Argao’s aquamarine seas in Barangay Suba, the development features two-storey houses, bungalows, townhouses, and condominium units. (Read more about the project)
Here are the top stories for today, March 5, 2015:
Traffic rerouting today
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) 7 will start implementing the next phase of its road-widening project on S. Osmeña Blvd.
This is expected to cause heavier traffic along the North Reclamation Area (NRA), prompting the Cebu City Traffic Operations Management (Citom) to advice the public to leave their houses earlier than usual to avoid getting stuck in traffic.
Here are some route changes:
- Public utility jeepneys (PUJ) with route number 12I, or those bound for SM City Cebu from Barangay Labangon, and 03Q jeepneys from Barangay Mabolo will not be allowed to use Cabahug St., the road between the Total gas station and the City-owned Block 27 lot in NRA.
- 12I jeepney drivers will have to turn left to Kaoshioung St., left to A. Soriano Ave. then back to Kaoshioung St. and proceed to their usual route while 03Q jeepneys will be asked to take J. Luna St. and turn right to Humabon St. toward the SM PUJ terminal and back to their usual route.
- Vehicles coming from the Mandaue City side of the NRA will have to turn right to the access road going to the Aboitiz football field and turn left to Logarta St. before turning right on either F. Cabahug St. or Kaohsiung St.
- Trucks going inside the Cebu International Port will be directed to take Logarta St. and turn left to Cabahug St. and cross S. Osmeña Blvd. to enter the port.
Private vehicles bound for Mandaue City may pass through S. Osmeña Blvd. since the northbound lane is open to vehicular traffic. Those coming from Lapu-Lapu City may take the ferry.
- Sun.Star Cebu: Traffic in recla ‘heavier today’
- Cebu Daily News: More traffic rerouting today for S. Osmeña roadwork
- The Freeman: Traffic on S. Osmeña Blvd rerouted anew
Another incident against Ronda vice mayor surfaces
Ronda Vice Mayor Jonah John Ungab’s former law school student filed a sexual harassment case against him last December. She posted a “Dear John” message on her Facebook account saying she would pursue her complaint which is about to be resolved by the Cebu City Prosecutor’s Office.
Prosecutor Ma. Theresa Casiño confirmed that the case is now due for resolution.
In the earlier investigation, Ungab denied the 27-year-old woman’s allegations that she was forced to have sex with him when he, as her law professor in Southwestern University in 2013, refused to release her grades.
In response to this development that happened after his wife, Pearl Ungab, attacked lawyer Jiecel Tiu with a baseball bat last week over allegations of infidelity, the vice mayor wants to maintain his silence.
Meanwhile, Tiu wants the court to suspend proceedings in the slight physical injuries against Pearl Ungab, while her bid to pursue a more serious case against the vice mayor’s wife is being reviewed.
Other top Cebu News stories:
Sun.Star Cebu: Councilor asks for investigation on police officers allegedly involved in the illegal drug trade
The Freeman: Cebu has highest number of underweight children
Cebu Daily News: 100 more beds for interim CCMC; Mayor wants to expand space
The Freeman: Rama endorses 4 names as Binay’s runningmate
The Freeman: Osmeña to sue RSP Gubalane
Cebu Business headlines:
Sun.Star Cebu: Port congestion ‘now affecting business’
Sun.Star Cebu: App built by students will soon allow people to order rice, veggies
Sun.Star Cebu: Japan’s second largest bank Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. set to open in PH
The Freeman: January 2015 BIR 13 collection falls short of target
The Freeman: Cheap oil price has minimal impact to power cost – Veco