This photo taken in the 1920s shows at left the Matilda L. Bradford Memorial Church on what was then known as Juan Luna St. The street was later renamed to Jones Avenue and finally to Osmeña Boulevard, its official name today. Cebuanos, however, continue calling the street “Jones.”
Osmeña Boulevard is the main thoroughfare that traverses downtown and midtown Cebu City.
The Matilda L. Bradford Memorial Church belongs to the United Church of Christ of the Philippines and was completed, according to this Cebu Daily News report, on October 26, 1913.
This photo is part of the collection of the Cebuano Studies Center of the University of San Carlos and is used here with its permission.