One of the best edible mushrooms that used to exclusively grace the tables of nobility in 18th century France is the centerpiece ingredient in the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu culinary journey “A Weekend with Chanterelles.”
Discover Chanterelles, an orange or yellow meaty and funnel-shaped mushroom with a fruity aroma and mildly peppery taste, as it features in five special creations by Marco Polo Cebu executive chef Stefano Verrillo available at El Viento Restaurant and Pool Bar, Lobby Lounge, and Blu Bar & Grill.
A Weekend with Chanterelles is happening from October 13-16, 2016.
Chef Stefano shows off the versatility and rich flavor of the star ingredient in the following special dishes:
- Warm Chanterelles salad with white balsamic dressing, crispy prosciutto, organically farmed greens and sprouts
- Sautéed fresh Chanterelles mushrooms on grilled ciabatta toast with fresh oregano, garlic butter, and cream
- Braised Veal Osso Buco with Chanterelles Risotto Vegetable Ragout and Gremolata
- Beef tenderloin with fresh Chanterelles sauce, seasonal vegetables and chats potato
- Chanterelles and Chicken Fricassee with homemade Pappardelle pasta and provolone cheese
Discover and enjoy Chanterelles, only at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. For table reservations and inquiries, please call Cebu at (63 32) 253 1111 local 8249 or Manila at (63 2) 887 1263 or email [email protected].