P10 billion project in Mandaue City; CHR sees no overkill in drug suspect’s death; Osmena turns down payment for landfill for now–Cebu News Digest for June 7, 2016

By

Gatewalk Central
GATEWALK CENTRAL. An artist's rendition of the planned Esplanade for the Gatewalk Central. (Image taken from Gatewalk Central website)

Join venture to put up P10 billion Gatewalk Central project in Mandaue

AYALA Land Inc and AboitizLand are planning to pt up P10 billion for their latest joint venture which will be put up on the former Aboitiz Sports Field in Mandaue City. The Cebu District Property Enterprise INc., will put up Gatewalk Central, which will have an Ayala mall, residential towers and office spaces.

Gatewalk Central
GATEWALK CENTRAL. An artist’s rendition of the planned Esplanade for the Gatewalk Central. (Image taken from Gatewalk Central website)

We (ALI and AboitizLand) have worked together for the concept. When we see opportunities with business groups, we pursue it to further create value and bring in more employment. Cebu Holdings Inc. president Aniceto Bisnar Jr.

Read: Sun.Star Cebu: Ayala, Aboitiz put up joint venture for P10 billion project in Mandaue City

Cebu Daily News: Group launches multi-billion project in Mandaue City, eyes operations by 2019

CHR forensic team clears cops of overkill allegations

A forensic team from the Commission on Human Rights said there were no signs of overkill or close-range shooting on John Jason Montes, one of the suspects killed by elements of the Police Regional Office 7 during an anti-drug operation in Bohol.

The investigation was done amid allegations of a rub-out and that the suspects were shot in close range. The parents of Montes also want the CHR to dig deeper into the statement of a 10-year-old witness, who claimed their son had already surrendered before he was shot repeatedly by the police.

We need complete and enough evidence before we would let the police answer their allegation. The results of the autopsy has a big impact. We can identify how many wounds there are and identify how he was killed. CHR 7 investigator Leo Villarin.

Read: Cebu Daily News: Forensic team sees no over-kill in Bohol ops.

Margot postpones P32M payment for landfill

Citing the lack of contract, the landfill operator in Polog, Consolacion will have to wait before they can receive the P32 million payment from Cebu City for the garbage disposed. Cebu City pays P700 for every ton disposed in Consolacion, but acting Mayor Margot Osmena said there is no contract between Asian Energy System Corp and Cebu City hall.

There is no contract. So I said we cannot pay you on the basis of just a purchase order. But we also acknowledged that they already provided services. So we are going to correct the documentation. Acting Cebu City Mayor Margot Osmena.

Read: Sun.Star Cebu: Landfill operator needs to sign contract before getting P32M payment.

Cebu Daily News: No contract, no payment for Consolacion landfill

Other Cebu Stories

» Sun.Star Cebu: PRO 7 eyes rewards for cops involved in hunt for Secretaria

» Sun.Star Cebu: Cops to look into links between politicos and Bohol drug groups

» Sun.Star Cebu: Pastor who fought drugs gunned down in Bonbon

» Sun.Star Cebu: Rama defends purchase of new emergency vehicle

» Sun.Star Cebu: Muslims include prayers for Digong admin in Ramadan

» Sun.Star Cebu: Margot to submit revised P6 billion budget

» The Freeman: Davide eyes construction of Ciudad project before yearend

» The Freeman: Mandaue allows fire victimes to use CICC as shelter

» Cebu Daily News: Police chief urges drug lords to surrender

» Cebu Daily News: Barangay captains in Talisay deny coddling drug lords

» Cebu Daily News: 1,000 terminated workers mull case vs. Margot

» Cebu Daily News: Margot won’t pay for vehicle issued to Rama

Cebu Business News

» Sun.Star Cebu: PHL MSMEs welcome Customs Modernization and Tariff Act

» Sun.Star Cebu: Kepco reports inclusion in list of best power companies

Cebu Sports Stories

» Sun.Star Cebu: Cebuano wins bronze in Asean chess

» Cebu Daily News: Cesafi Partners Cup semis start today

» Cebu Daily News: 2 Cebuanos ditch FEU, return home to Cesafi

By MyCebu

MyCebu is all about Cebu. If you share our passion and have a story to tell or you want to partner with us, pitch us at [email protected]

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.