Waze has added motorcycle as new vehicle type in the traffic app “to ensure that all motorcyclists are able to navigate through roads more safely.”
In addition to enjoying the standard suite of Waze benefits, including alerts on police, speed-camera and speed traps, road closures, restrictions and more – motorcycle drivers will also enjoy:
- Improved routes based on information from fellow motorcyclists
- Better arrival time estimations that may vary from automobile ETAs
- Routing on narrow roads where cars are not permitted
- New motorcycle cursor for vehicle type; new motorcycle moods available to all Wazers
- Easy navigation without touching the phone – to ensure a safe ride, all motorcyclists can utilize voice commands so they don’t need to touch the phone while docked/they’re driving.
To turn on routing for motorcycles, visit Settings > Vehicle type and tap “Motorcycles”.
Drive times, routes and roads vary between automobiles and motorcycles. By including a new vehicle type, Waze expands its support to include a driving experience unique to motorcycle navigation.
Motorcyclists play an important role in mobility, the world over.
Due to their size and agility, motorcycles are an efficient and economical solution for many living in busy urban centers. They are becoming more useful in European cities, where automobiles are barred from accessing narrow roads. In Asia Pacific countries, motorcycles are a primary mode of transportation.
The new feature answers a call made by countless Waze fans the world over.
By adding a distinction within vehicle types, and adding motorcycles to the group – data collection will increase in accuracy. All drivers, regardless of car type, will also will benefit.
(Note: All Wazers are encouraged to enter their destination as they are stationary in a safe spot before following directions to an end destination.) (Press Release)